Tuesday 17 April 2012

Creating the first scene Part 1

After creating a storyboard to plan the animation I was ready to start animating.

The first scene sees the siege machine approach the castle creating the entrance of the story. I used the auto key to make the machine move from one side to the castle wall.


I attempted use the wheel reactor tool to create the rotation of the wheels but this proved quite complex so I used the normal auto key method to rotate the wheels.

By using the curve editor I was able to make the motion of the machine seem more life-like. I was able to add a slow tangent to the beginning and end of the motion to give the effect of the it slowing down and starting up.

I made sure the bridge of the machine was able to rest on the castle wall otherwise the machine would be useless!

Now the motion was complete I could make the animation more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment