Monday 23 April 2012

Making scene 2 part 1

In this scene the cannon will enter the animation and fire a cannonball at the castle wall.

The first thing to do was to import-merge the cannon file with the animation. First of all I had to shrink the cannon so its size was relative to the castle and machine.


It was important to think about the animation ahead, as when I first made scene 1 the machine approaches the castle at the center of the wall but I had to realign it so it approached to the left as the middle section of the wall will be blasted down by the cannon. So then I had to align the cannon to the center of the castle wall.

The next stage was to make the cannon move at the speed and in the motion that I wanted. I spread the moving motion across 100 frames. This meant the cannon would move slower which is important as in real life it was a heavy piece of machinery.

I was then able to animate the the aiming of the cannon. I did this by just rotating the barrell and using the autokey. Again, I made this a slow motion because the weight of the cannon would be so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment