Tuesday 24 April 2012

Adding light

I found adding light the most confusing part of the animation as when I rendered the work it seemed very bright even though the viewports were very dark. I overcome this by looking at other tutorials and seeing that they used a box in rendering > exposure control > and then checking the box "Exterior light". This sorted the confusion.

By looking at other tutorials I found that using the daylight system would be the best choice for the work. Target and free lights seem to create too much of a focused light that did not seem realistic.

By creating daylight it gave models subtle shadows and highlights and made the scene seem more realistic throughout.


Even though the viewport seemed very bright, by checking the "exterior light" box the render seems realistic.

I had to make sure, like the foliage, that the light was the same in each scene otherwise continuity errors would occur.

I adjusted shadows down to 0.3 density from 1 to produce more subtlle shadows as I have placed a cloudy sky which in real life would not produce much sunlight.

I think the light produced creates a more interesting perspective for the scene although I think it does not add anything to the background hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment