Monday 30 April 2012

Adding music

I felt the animation was good but was not complete without some sort of sound.

The first thing I did was find a cannon blast sound to place in at the best moment when the cannon fires.

I found the sound on 'Soundbible.com' and provides a life-like boom of a cannon.

I also found a life-like wall crashing down for when the cannon ball smashes the castle wall. This effect helps the animation seem more realistic.

The last effect was for a background track which leads the viewer throughout the video. I needed a dramatic and enjoyable theme that relates back to Da Vinci's time.

After listening to quite a few classical music tracks, I felt that they did not quite suit the video. Then I thought of Pirates of the Caribbean theme and thought the action/adventure music would fit well.


I had to edit the track to fit the time line and put the audio in the corresponding place in the video.

I then imported this edited track and added an exponential fade to the beginning and end to match the video.

I really think it works well and provides and appropriate backdrop to the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment