Tuesday 17 April 2012

Making scene 1 Part 2

Now the scene was moving the way I wanted it to I could change the background to make it more interesting.

I converted the plane (floor) to an editable poly. From here I could select the vertices and move them up and down to create a hillside. By changing the falloff it could create a more subtle hill. After this I used turbo smooth to make it more life-like.


The next step was to add a sky to the scene so it made it look more interesting. After looking at a couple online tutorials I decided to create a tube to surround the scene and add a sky texture to it. This will give the effect of a surrounding sky without seeing any edges.


Within the scene ready I can now add light.

To do this I added a target light and used shadows to make the scene more appealing. I played around with different light angles and tried to find which was best.


 The scene still seemed really bright so I changed the intensity down from 1 to 0.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment