Tuesday 24 April 2012

Making scene 3

Scene 3 consists of the castle wall being smashed down by the cannon ball.

The first task was to create the scene. I am using the wall smash scene, made by using the reactor tool, that was made earlier in this blog. I had to open the file and merge the existing scene into this one (the cannon and siege machine) and place them into the identical positions they are in the other scenes. The new hilly plane had to be positioned into the correct position as well so the walls were not floating in the air.


The next stage was to add cameras into the scene to capture the wall smashing at the best angle possible. By looking at my storyboard I could estimate where to put the cameras. I chose to use two cameras as I thought this was an important part of the animation so it should be captured in different angles.


I thought that the angles at which I caught the motion work very well in providing an interesting perspective but if I had more time I would include maybe one or two more angles to emphasise the moment of impact.

I am proud of the reactor wall as I think it looks good and is relative to the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment