Tuesday 28 February 2012

Creating a rollercoaster effect

To do this I did a similar method as the circle path but I used the line tool to draw a path through the shapes in the top perspective. I used the Z axis on the move tool to move the vertices of the path making it more interesting.

I then linked the camera using the path contraint.

On the motion tab at the bottom I checked the box "follow" and this allowed the camera to follow the path more realisticly. I rotated the camera to face the motion of the path to make it seem it was from a person riding a rolercoaters perspective.

I then checked the "bank" box. This made the camera lean into the corners which made the motion seem even more realistic, though sickly!

It was a very fun tutorial although I don't think I will use a rollercoaster effect for Da Vinci's work!

The camera view (bottom right) shows what the camera sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment