Tuesday 21 February 2012

Rendering the castle

To give the castle a life-like look I used a stone texture which is commonly used in construction of castle walls. It uses solid stone image shown below.


This stone became much more realistic using the usual bump/gloss/specular tools and provided an effective castle wall.

In addition to the stone texture I used the move and extrude tools on certain edges and polygons to give a more bumpy look.

I have also modelled a ladder which lies behind the castle wall to give a sense of size in relation to a person.



I had a little bit of trouble rendering certain parts of the castle with the material as the wall contains bevelled parts which seems to distort the stone image. I tried used UVW mapping with the Gizmo tool and it helped.



No comments:

Post a Comment